Do you like corned beef hash but want to keep it healthier? Try this sweet potato hash for a different take on things!! It is great for breakfast or brinner!
Sweet Potato Hash
1 cup roasted sweet potato chunks (I used leftovers)
1 yellow pepper diced
1/2 yellow onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
3 slices turkey or turkey bacon cubed
1 cup raw spinach
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1. Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, yellow pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Add in cumin. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently.
2. Add raw spinach to cooked veggies. Sautée for 3-4 minutes until spinach is cooked.
3. In a separate skillet cook 4 eggs sunny side up. Cook on med/low for 3-4 minutes.
4. While eggs are cooking, add cooked sweet potatoes and turkey to larger skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes to heat through.
5. Separate hash mixture between 2 plates. Top each plate with 2 runny eggs. Enjoy!!!
I use this recipe a lot for events where I have to bring a breakfast dish for instance my Mops group, Preschool Board meetings or Family gatherings. It is always a crowd pleaser! It also heats up really well for meal planning and prepping. I just make the hash ahead of time and cook the eggs the day of. I cook it and portion out in these meal prep containers!
Thanks for reading and feel free to share this recipe with anyone you know it could help!