Who doesn’t love a good casserole?!
This dish is full of healthy veggies, carbs and I even have a link to a homemade taco seasoning, link attached below. Better yet one portion includes 1 protein, 1 carb, 1 veggie and 1 healthy fat so it’s a complete meal! A necessity for this on the go Mom of 3!
Mexican Lasagna – 21 day fix approved
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1/4 cup SW seasoning (see blog)
1 cup water
2 bell peppers chopped
1 onion chopped
8 corn tortillas
1/4 cup corn
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1. Brown ground meat. Add seasoning and 1/2 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. While meat simmers add cooking spray to large sauce pan. Add chopped veggies and sauté, approx 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. In a 9X13 inch pan spray cooking spray. Slick 6 inch corn tortillas in half. Arrange bottom of pan with 1/2 the shells, so 8 pieces total.
4. Add cooked meat/seasoning mixture, 1/2 cup black beans, veggies and 1/4 cup cheese.
5. Add remaining tortillas, meat, beans, veggies. Add corn. Too with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
6. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Serve with optional toppings. Enjoy!
**note if you’re following the #21dayfix or other color coded Beachbody programs this recipe is 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green and a little less than 1 blue per serving. This leaves you extra room for avocado or guac on top! You’re welcome!
Share with a friend!! Want more healthy recipes like this? Click HERE