8 oz tempeh
2 tsp coconut oil divided
2 cloves garlic
1.5 cups sliced raw veggies (I used, 2 large carrots, 3 large white button mushrooms, 5 cherry tomatoes)
1.5 cups raw spinach
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper or Adobo
sprinkle fresh parmesan
1) Take small non stick skillet and heat over medium high heat, add 1 tsp coconut oil and chopped garlic cloves, cook for 2-3 minutes.
2) Reduce heat to medium. Add sliced raw veggies and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Season with pinch of salt and pepper.
3) Once veggies are tender, add 1.5 cups raw spinach. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until spinach is cooked. Set aside or divide evenly between 2 plates.
4) Add 1 tsp coconut oil to non stick skillet and heat over medium heat. Slice tempeh into 1/4 inch slices. The 8 oz brick I bought made about 14 slices. Cook tempeh, turning 1-2 times so browned evenly. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
5) Place cooked tempeh evenly onto the cookies veggies. Sprinkle lightly with fresh parmesan.
**If you are following the 21 day fix or CIZE meal plan this recipe would count as: 1 red, 1.5 green, 1 tsp, 1/8 blue if you use cheese**