I’ve heard of Clean eating…but Clean Cake? Now that’s a new concept!! Why you may ask? Because when you find a dessert that’s both yummy AND filled with healthy ingredients you share it with the world!!! Am I right or am I right 🙂
In celebration of my husbands birthday we enjoyed this and now I want to share it with you and your family!
Clean Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Icing
Coconut oil Cooking spray
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 T baking powder
1/4 tsp pink salt
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey
1/4 cup almond milk
1 t vanilla extract
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Spray 9 inch round pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a stand mixer or bowl with whisk cream 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 3/4 cup honey for 1 min.
4. Add eggs, 1/4 cup almond milk and vanilla and beat for 20 seconds.
5. Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Blend till combined, scraping down sides for about 20 seconds.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Watch the cake, if it gets too brown but isn’t done in the center top with foil till cake is cooked completely. Cool for 2 hours on baking rack.
1. Take remaining 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup peanut butter and beat in mixer on high for 1 minute.
2. Add almond milk, cocoa powder and honey. Best for 1-2 minutes scrapping down sides.
3. Spread icing on top of cake once cake is cooked. Enjoy!!!
*recipe inspired and adapted from the Fixate cookbook*
If you are following the 21 day fix, Country Heat or Beachbody Container System this cake counts as 2 yellows, 1.5 blues and 2 tsps per slice.
Do you like sweets but also like to live a healthy lifestyle? Want to learn more about CLEAN TREATS?? Then check out my FREE Healthy Dessertz Cookbook!!