Do you like bananas? Peanut butter? Dark Chocolate? Carbs? Then you will love my latest creation, Banana Sushi Snack.
I think the above items may be in my top 10 all time favorite food items. What if I told ya we could combine all 4 into a simple snack that will satisfy your afternoon sweet tooth! Annnnnd in a healthy way? This could also act as a dessert plus it’s kid friendly and husband approved!
Let’s dive into my Banana Sushi Snack!
Banana Sushi Snack
1 Whole Wheat wrap or flatbread (I use these by Flat Out)
1 medium banana
4 tsp natural peanut butter
1 T unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tsp mini chocolate chips (I use these Enjoy Life Mini chips)
- Take 1 wrap. Lay on a plate and spread all peanut butter on evenly.
- Take banana and roll in peanut butter to coat evenly.
- Pick the banana up and place on the opposite side of the wrap, the side without the peanut butter and roll it up.
- Place coconut flakes on the plate and roll the banana roll up in the flakes to coat.
- Take a very sharp knife and cut the banana roll up in half. Each half is 1 serving. Slice each half in 1/2 inch slices on separate dishes.
- Optional: Top with chocolate chips and enjoy!
If you are following the Country Heat Meal plan or 21 day fix Meal plan this counts as 1 yellow, 1 purple, and 2 tsp. I’m counting the chocolate chips as the other 1/2 of the yellow that the wrap doesn’t use.
Be sure to use a very sharp knife when cutting the roll up otherwise your banana sushi will look like this…
Thanks for reading! Please share with a friend! For more recipes like this see below!